||The Holcombe Guest House Bed & Breakfast is a lovely circa 1850 home located on U.S. Route 6 in downtown Troy, Pennsylvania.
Your hosts, Jeff and Elizabeth, purchased the home in 1995 and spent the better part of three years converting the home into a bed & breakfast.
The house is tastefully decorated with quality furnishing and antique accents.
We invite you to come experience the friendliness and charm of small town living.
|There are five guest rooms in the Main House, one with a king bed, three with queen size beds and twin beds in another - all with private bath. There are also two furnished apartments in the Carriage House each with queen beds.
Guests can enjoy the front porch or relax on the stone patio at the rear of the house. Inside, guests are drawn to the unique, marquetry (intricate wood inlayed scenes approximately 2 to 3 feet in size) scenes on display at Holcombe Guest House. Two of the more popular marquetries include a woodland scene and one depicting a seascape.
Complimentary breakfast and refreshments are served in the formal dining room.
Guests are welcome to enjoy the stone patio at their leisure and, weather permitting, have breakfast on the patio.
Troy, population of approximately 1300 people, is located in the northern central portion of Pennsylvania (Endless Mountains), 20 miles from south central New York State on US Route 6. (US Route 6 is a designated scenic highway stretching from one coast of the USA to the other.) Troy's heritage is agricultural and rural, but features many beautiful large homes of distinction and impressive architecture.
Area Pennsylvania Attractions
Outdoors enthusiasts enjoy hiking, golfing, biking, snowmobiling, hunting, snow skiing, cross country skiing and wildlife.
- Mount Pisgah State Park
- Pennsylvania Grand Canyon
- French Azilum/Historic Marie Antoinette Settlement
- Bradford County Historical Museum
- Bradford County Heritage Museum
- Little League World Series & Museum
- Fall Foliage Viewing
- Purveying of Antiques
- Corning Museum of Glass/Steuben Glass Shop
- Watkins Glen State Park/International Speedway
- Harris Hill Soaring Museum/Gliding Airport
- Corning's Historic Market Street
- Mark Twain's Summer Home, Study, and Grave site
- New York's Finger Lakes and Wineries
- National War Plane Museum
- Arnot Art Museum
- April - Maple Festival - Celebration of Maple Syrup Harvest (Troy)
- June - Laurel Festival - Pennsylvania State Laurel Festival (Wellsboro)
- July - Troy Fair - Bradford County Agricultural Fair (Troy)
- September - 1890's Weekend - Victorian Weekend-reenactment of first night football game (Mansfield)
- September - Heritage Fall Festival (Troy)
- December - Dickens of a Christmas - Victorian Christmas (Wellsboro)
Area Web Site Links:
- Distances from larger cities:
- Elmira, NY - 24 miles · Williamsport, PA - 48 miles · Wellsboro, PA - 30 miles · Scranton, PA - 90 miles.
For Reservations, please call (570) 297-2460